Assemble everything but the granola and almonds ahead of time, and store in the refrigerator for up to an hour. Sprinkle with granola and almonds just before serving for the optimum crunch.
Yield 4 – 1 serving per person
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola without raisins (such as Kellogg’s)
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Place apricot preserves in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high for 10 to 15 seconds or until preserves melt. Add strawberries, and toss gently to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into each of 4 parfait glasses; top each serving with 1/3 cup strawberry mixture. Repeat the layers with the remaining yogurt and strawberry mixture. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons granola and 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds. Serve immediately.
Karen Levin, Cooking Light